How to install a ring doorbell 2 on brick wall – Introduction
In this How to guide we will guide you through with easy to follow steps; How to install a ring doorbell 2 on brick wall.
So there is two versions of this guide these are as follows:
- Hardwired (using existing low voltage doorbell wiring)
- Battery Powered
Who are Ring ? A little about the company behind the Doorbell 2.
If not for my wife, the Ring™ Video Doorbell would not exist. Inventors come up with a lot of bad ideas and she has heard them all. One night I shared my idea for reinventing the doorbell.
She loved it! Not just for the obvious convenience but for the security of now being able to safely answer the door from anywhere. She said “This is like caller ID for the front door”.
I hope that you enjoy the Ring™ Video Doorbell as much as we do, and I look forward to hearing your stories about the product.
Our Mission: To Reduce Crime in Communities
This mission drives our team and strategy throughout every decision. It’s the statement we live by when we design and engineer not only the products you see today, but the future features and innovations that we will deliver for a long time to come. It also makes the late nights and seemingly impossible tasks more bearable as we know our hard work will create happy customers and make a positive impact on our homes, our communities, and the world.
- How to install a ring doorbell 2 on brick wall – Introduction
- Step 1 – Lets open the box
- Step 2 – Charge The Ring Doorbell 2 Unit
- Step 3 – The Mounting Bracket
- Step 4 – Download The Ring App
- Step 5 – Create or Log in to Your Account
- Step 6 – Fix The Doorbell 2 On To The Mounting Bracket
- Want To Purchase A Ring Doorbell 2
- Ring Doorbell 2 Accessories – Ring Doorbell Chime
Step 1 – Lets open the box
How to install a ring doorbell 2 on brick wall
So lets see whats in the box, so you should have the following:-
- Video Doorbell (2nd Generation)
- Micro USB Charging Cable
- Mounting Bracket
- Installation Tools and Hardware
- User Manual
- Security Sticker
Step 2 – Charge The Ring Doorbell 2 Unit
IF YOU ARE USING THE HARDWIRED METHOD PLEASE SKIP THIS STEP AND GO DIRECTLY TO STEP 3 BELOW
Fully charge the provided battery by plugging it into a USB port using the provided orange cable.
The battery is fully charged when only the green LED is lit.
Step 3 – The Mounting Bracket
Take the mounting bracket and place on the wall where you require the doorbell. If you are using the existing doorbell wires to hard wire the unit then take care to position where you can access the wires.
With the spirit level provided ensure the bracket is straight and level.
Carefully with a marker pen mark the 4 fixing holes directly on to the wall.
Remove the mounting bracket to reveal the 4 areas you have just marked. These markings are where you will drill in to the wall with the drill bit also supplied.
Using a power drill carefully drill the 4 points marked on the wall.
Insert the 4 white wall plugs (Supplied) and attach the Mounting bracket to the wall with the 4 mounting screws (Also Supplied).
Step 5 – Create or Log in to Your Account
If this is your first Ring product, you will be asked to set up an account.
To set up an account:
- Open the Ring app.
- Select Create Account.
- Follow the in-app instructions to create a new account.
If you already have another Ring device installed, simply open the Ring app.
For full setting up instructions please click here >> Ring Doorbell 2 Set up
Step 6 – Fix The Doorbell 2 On To The Mounting Bracket
To fix the ring doorbell 2 on to the mounting bracket simply place the doorbell unit on to the mounting bracket top first.
Hook the doorbell on to the top of the bracket and pivot to attach.
Using the two small torque screws and the reverse side of the screwdriver also supplied. Fasten the bottom of the doorbell unit to the mounting bracket.
We’re an affiliate
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
Want To Purchase A Ring Doorbell 2
- 1080p HD video doorbell with features that let you see, hear, and speak to anyone from your phone, tablet, or PC.
- An update from the original Ring Video Doorbell, enjoy improved motion detection and crisper night vision.
- Receive instant notifications when anyone presses your doorbell or when motion is detected.
- Powered by the built-in rechargeable battery or connect it to your existing doorbell wires for constant power.
Ring Doorbell 2 Accessories – Ring Doorbell Chime
- Bring flexibility, convenience and peace of mind to your home with Chime, a chime box that connects to your existing Ring Doorbells and Cams.
- Hear real-time notifications when motion is triggered, or when someone presses your Ring Video Doorbell.
- Easily set it up by plugging it into a standard power socket and connecting via Wi-Fi.
- Choose from a variety of chime tones, adjust the volume to your ideal setting, and turn on Do Not Disturb mode, all from the Ring app.
- Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi connection 2.4 GHz.